Green Matcha Granola

Green Matcha Granola

Back to Recipes

Sometimes I find it impossible to even attempt to eat healthily, mainly due to fact I think about food 90% of the day (and spend the other 10% feeling bad about it). So in a bid to be good to my body, I occasionally try to make my own ‘healthy’ foods. By using ingredients that I love and taking the time to create something delicious, the dishes are tailored to my likes and my interest is immediately boosted.
This matcha granola looks so enticing with little pops of pink from the raspberries sitting against the green clusters of oats and nuts.

There aren’t any rules on what should go into this recipe, so just use whichever nuts and dried fruits you like the most and you will not be disappointed!

Green Matcha Granola

200g Rolled Oats

200g Mixed Nuts & Seeds, roughly chopped (I used pecan, almond, flax seed, pumpkin seed)

2 Tbsp Desiccated Coconut

150g Mixed Dried Fruits ( I used chopped dates)

20g Freeze-dried Raspberries

2 Tbsp Matcha Powder

4 Tbsp Maple Syrup

Method

  1. Heat oven to 120C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add the oats in a thin layer. Bake for 30 mins, stirring once.
  2. Transfer the oats to a bowl with the desiccated coconut, and nuts and seeds. Mix in the Matcha powder until everything is well coated. Add the maple syrup and mix well.
  3. Transfer the mixture back to the baking tray and spread out into on layer. Bake again for 30 minutes, stirring once again until dried out but not browned.
  4. Allow to cool before adding the dried fruit and freeze-dried raspberries.
  5. Store in a sealed jar and enjoy with milk or yoghurt, or on its own!

 

Back to Recipes